Terms and Conditions for courses by Art and the City
These Terms and Conditions apply to your enrollment for the courses of Art and the City. By signing up, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. The agreement will be concluded between you and Art and the City Amsterdam.
Article 1 Course amount
- Payment of the total quoted amount must be paid within 14 days after reception of the invoice but before the beginning of the course. If the student fails to fulfill one or more of its obligations, then the costs to obtain payment out of court entirely borne by the client. If the client defaults in the timely payment of a sum of money, he will receive an immediately payable penalty of 15% of the outstanding amount and others with a minimum of 75 euro and the claim will be transferred to our collection agency BvCM.
- If Art and the City has made higher costs, which were reasonably necessary, also qualify for reimbursement.
- The student is liable for the collection charges that due to the statutory interest.
Article 2 Cancellation Policy
- By the student: if a student wishes to cancel a course, please do so by e-mail. Cancelling without charge can be done up to 4 weeks before the course starts. When a student cancels the course between 2 and 4 weeks before the start of the course a 50 % of the total quoted amount will be charged. When cancellation is done within 2 weeks before the start of the course, Art and the City is entitled to charge the full quoted amount. In case of private lessons, the student must notify Art and the City at least 24 hours before the scheduled time otherwise the lesson will expire. In case of a barrier, a student may designate a substitute to take the course. This has to be communicated to Art and the City, Francisca Rosner before the start of the course. In that case, the original notifier will be responsible for payment of the total quoted amount, unless the substitute is responsible for payment. This does not involve any additional costs.
- By Art and the City: in case of insufficient registrations, Art and the City has the right to cancel the course. Art and the City is only obliged to refund the total quoted amount. Further liability of Art and the City is excluded.
Article 3 Ownership
All materials, data and information provided by Art and the City, in any form, shall be based on the intellectual and / or industrial property rights of Art and the City, or the speakers and / or other third parties engaged by Art and the City. You may use all the material available for the online course or live workshop for your own use. Multiplication and / or distribution of materials, data and information provided by and / or via Art and the City is not permitted without the express written permission of Art and the City.
Article 4 Privacy
The personal information you have provided when enrolling for a course is captured by Art and the City. Your information may be used by Art and the City to inform you about relevant products and services of Art and the City. In doing so, Art and the City tries to take into account your preferences and field of study. If you do not appreciate this information, you can send an email to: email@example.com quoting “unsubscribe information”. Art and the City does not disclose your information to third parties without your express prior permission, unless Art and the City is obliged to do so by law or by a court order.
Article 5 Changes
Art and the City reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions. Changes are published on this page. Art and the City recommends that you review these Terms and Conditions at any time of registration so that you are always aware of the terms of the current Terms and Conditions.
Article 6 Absolute and relative competence
These General Terms and Conditions are exclusively applicable to Dutch law. Any dispute relating to these Terms and Conditions, including any dispute regarding the existence and validity of these Terms and Conditions, will be submitted to the competent Dutch court.